Jacque is a 30-something mama from Colorado who married her high school sweetheart and spent 7 years loving life as a family of three.
When it came time to start thinking about baby #2, she found that she was overweight and scared to even approach a doctor for fear of what they would say about her weight.
She started Plus Sized Pregnancy as a way to research and document her journey as her family began to think about growing!
When she’s not blogging, Jacque can be found in the audio/visual department at her church or sitting in the stands at the local ice arena cheering on her 7 year old future olympic hockey star!
(If you’re interested in reading the story of Why/How I became so passionate about Plus Sized Pregnancy? Read My Story!)
And since I love lists?
- I married my high school sweetheart! We started dating June 5, 1997 – I was 14 and he was almost 17. We got married in 2004.
- I am a book nerd! (In 2015 I read 176 books.)
- I am slightly obsessed with hockey. In my house? We support the Colorado Avalanche and the New York Rangers! (As well as Colorado College Tigers and our local Youth Hockey where our daughter has played since she was three.)
- I’m planner obsessed. Namely? The Erin Condren Life Planner! I’ve written numerous blog posts and reviews about this love.
- I work part time as an audio/visual engineer at a local church. (This is one of the best jobs ever!)
- I spent 7 years as an over-the-road truck driver, including the first 18 months of my 7 year old’s life!
- I used to work professionally as a photographer. Children and Senior portraits was my specialty, although I’ve done several weddings as well!
- I’m my daughters Girl Scout Leader. (We have a troop of 30+ girls from Kindergarten-High School.)
- I grew up in Nebraska and am by default a Husker Football fan!
- I have been to 49 of the 50 states. (Anyone want to send me to Hawaii?)
- I bridge the gap between the Stanley Cup and the start of Hockey season being addicted to Big Brother.
- My favorite outdoor activity is hiking! I have a goal of one day hiking to the summit Pikes Peak.
- My husband and I are avid followers of Formula 1. (Although I am Team Kimi Raikkonen, he is Team Lewis Hamilton. Huge source of tension in our house!)
- We have 3 FurBabies – 2 Cats (Persephone and a yet-to-be-named baby we rescued) and a Dog (Adler)
- I am terrified of chickens. Yep, chickens. Don’t ask. And please don’t share pictures!
About Plus Sized Pregnancy
Are you struggling to find info about conceiving? Or cute maternity clothes? What about after the baby comes? There are so many sites out there dedicated to pregnancy, but not a whole lot of information in one place about being Plus Sized and pregnant!
Well, you’ve come to the right place! Here at Plus Sized Pregnancy, we’re always gathering new information, finding new products and learning to love life in our bodies!